Those who have seen the leaked minutes of the meeting between Mahmoud Abbas, the Qatari Emir, and Khaled Meshaal, accompanied by a delegation from Hamas and Fatah, which seem to be credible, would see a president in a dire situation, as he continuously says "he is fed up".
Abbas and Fatah's choices
- Yassir Al Zaatara
- 16 September 2014
Obama's strategy solidifies Arab chaos
- Ahmed Al-Gaoud
- 15 September 2014
For the past two weeks the international media has focused on a speech given by US President Barack Obama about his strategy for tackling ISIS. The so-called Islamic State has been expanding at an alarming rate and now poses a threat to many of the Middle East's unstable regimes especially its kingdoms. In reality, Obama's speech did not introduce anything new or address new ways on how best to counter the increasing threat that ISIS poses to the region.
The coming days will not be calm for President Erdogan
- Mahmoud Ibrahim Sadeeq
- 15 September 2014
The man who used to sell cakes and bread on the streets of Istanbul is now sitting on the throne of the successor to the Ottoman Empire. The shrewdest, most civil and most distinguished of men, the poor man from Istanbul is now ruling Turkey in very sensitive conditions in the most volatile and turbulent region of the world. He is leading his country to modernity, economic development and a scientific renaissance, lifting Turkey out of its economic crisis to a ranking as the 16th most prestigious economy in the world. This man, who has now reached the Çankaya Köşkü presidential palace in Ankara, was able to attract over $100 billion in foreign investments and raise Turkish exports to $152 billion in the past year. He was also able to triple per capita income, while increasing Gross National Income (GNI) by 100 per cent.
The PA undermines Palestinian liberation
- Asa Winstanley
- 14 September 2014
Al Jazeera this week revealed an explosive letter from the office of the top prosecutor of the International Criminal Court. In it, Fatou Bensouda recounted a meeting with Riad Malki, the Palestinian Authority's foreign minister.
The West Bank: where Israel's Gaza propaganda falls apart
- Ben White
- 04 September 2014
- Key shifts in the Arab 'moderates' position on Hamas and Israel
- Israeli apartheid week takes US campuses by storm
- An anonymous source
- Who are the Assyrians and what are the Nineveh Plains?
- America goes to war against ISIL in Syria – An alliance of convenience or prelude to regime change?
- Letter from the ICC to the Palestinian Authority
- Prison letter from Dr Mohamed El-Beltagi about Al-Istiqama case, the coup and its repression
- Don't be fooled: protest can work
- Israel's atrocities in Gaza prompt unprecedented political fallout
- Resistance to Israeli occupation can and must take many forms