The use or misuse of information is central to the conflict in the Middle East. There has been a growing need for supporters of, in particular, the Palestinian cause, to master the art of information gathering, analysis and dissemination. This requires well organised, focused and targeted operations. Such initiatives are virtually non-existent in the West today.
The Middle East Monitor (MEMO) was established to fill this gap.
While there are several outstanding media monitoring networks online, their main activity is invariably confined to exposing the flaws in existing coverages. We go one step further; reaching out to opinion-makers and decision-makers in a deliberate, organised and sustained manner.
So, what do we do at MEMO?
- We provide a focused and comprehensive coverage of Palestine, and its regional neighbours
- We do so by gathering news through our extensive networks of partner organisations and correspondents on the ground
- Not only do our readers enjoy up-to-date reporting, through our network of contributors, we also publish carefully reasoned commentaries rooted in factual evidence
- We are also an essential point of reference for journalists, researchers, human rights organisations and NGOs
Here at MEMO, we recognise that official policy is often informed and defined by the nature of media coverage. As such, we regularly interface with the politicians, editors, lobby groups and various other stakeholders to facilitate a better understanding and appreciation of the Palestine issue.
Dr. Daud Abdullah | e: [email protected]
Ibrahim Hewitt | e: [email protected]
Researchers & Staff Writers
Amelia Smith | e: [email protected]
Ben White | e: [email protected]
Motasem Dalloul | e: [email protected]
Henriette Johansen | e: [email protected]
Dr Walaa Ramadan | e: [email protected]
Events, Press & Parliamentary Officer
Yasmina Allouche | e: [email protected]
- Jamal Kanj
- Dr Reza Pankhurst
- Jessica Purkiss
- Tom Rollins
- Samira Shackle
- Ramona Wadi
- Asa Winstanley
Honorary Advisers to the Middle East Monitor
- Dr Salman Abu Sita, Palestinian author and member of the Palestinian National Council
- Lord Nazir Ahmed of Rotherham, member of The House of Lords
- Baroness Jennifer Tonge of Kew, member of The House of Lords
- Dr Maria Holt, Lecturer of Democracy and Islam in the Centre for the Study of Democracy in the University of Westminster
- Oliver McTernan, Co-Founder and Director of the Forward Thinking organisation
- Professor Tariq Ramadan, Professor at Oxford University