We can no longer ignore the fact that we are witnessing a new cold war at an international level and that it is being led by the United States on one side and Russia and Putin on the other. The Middle East has become the new regional hot zone in the context of this cold war, one that is affected by Iranian decisions on one hand and Saudi Arabia and its alliances on the other.
Why the Russian-Iranian front is winning and everyone else is losing
- Dr Abdul Wahab Al-Effendi
- 24 April 2014
Ghadames: Libya's Saharan Secret
- Adela Suliman
- 24 April 2014
Ghadames, an oasis town in the heart of the Sahara desert is on the edge of Libya, close to both the Algerian and Tunisian borders. It is an extremely special place and a source of pride for many Libyans, having been dedicated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1986.
Palestinian Prisoners' Day remains central
- Asa Winstanley
- 19 April 2014
From ethnic cleansing to return: a peace process worthy of the name
- Ben White
- 17 April 2014
This week marks the 66th anniversary of the ethnic cleansing of Miska, a Palestinian village whose roughly 1,000-strong population was expelled in April 1948 by Haganah forces. Located around 10 miles from Qalqilya, Miska boasted 100-200 houses, an elementary school for boys, and a mosque.
$83 million diamond default: Sotheby's and Israeli war crimes
- Sean Clinton
- 08 April 2014
Last November, amid a fanfare of international publicity, Sotheby's achieved a world record $83 million for a pink diamond auctioned in Geneva. Four months later, on February 27, Sotheby's disclosed that they were forced to take the diamond, they then valued at $73 million, into their inventory when the consortium of investors led by Isaac Wolf, a New York diamond cutter, defaulted.
- The Israeli-Palestinian 'Peace Process': Trapped in a Nash Equilibrium
- Israeli apartheid week takes US campuses by storm
- An anonymous source
- Egyptian children - so young yet locked-up as 'terrorists'
- Open letter to Egypt's 'Committee of Fifty'
- The real delegitimisation: Apartheid Israel targets Palestinian citizens' political activism
- Israel's doomed 'lawfare' strategy
- Why does the BBC hide the truth about Jerusalem?
- American feebleness in the face of the Israelis
- Palestinians call for protests against US military aid to the Israeli occupation