- This event has passed.
War on the mind: Trauma, survival and resilience conference on mental health in Palestine and Israel
March 14 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm| £20 - £30
On Saturday 14 th March of this year, Bradford on Avon Friends of Palestine will be holding a day-long conference on the impact of occupation, oppression and conflict on the mental health of Palestinians and Israelis – as individuals, but also as communities and societies.
They will be hosting a panel of high-profile speakers visiting from all over the UK, and one travelling especially over from Canada. All the speakers are mental health specialists who have close links to the region, from extensive experience working there, and, for some of them, because they themselves are of Palestinian or Israeli background.
- Harry Fear – Journalist and Film-maker
- John Soos – Clinical Psychologist and Activist
- Mohamed Altawil – Clinical Psychologist and Supervisor with the Palestine Trauma Centre
- Avigail Abarbanel – Independent Psychotherapist,Writer, Trainer and Activist
- Maria Chambers – Artist, and Mental Health Specialist