Iran has restored 70% of the production capacity at the Phase 14 refinery of the South Pars gas field, which was damaged in an Israeli strike last year, a senior energy official said Saturday, Anadolu reports.
Touraj Dehghani, managing director of Pars Oil and Gas Company, said reconstruction began immediately after the June 14, 2025 attack, according to state news agency IRNA.
Dehghani said three damaged production trains were returned to operation in less than 10 days.
He said restoration of the refinery’s capacity has reached 70%, with the remaining damaged production expected to return to service by the end of the Iranian calendar year in March 2027.
Dehghani also said four South Pars refineries were damaged during the latest 40-day war, which began on Feb. 28.
He said the National Iranian Oil Company and Pars Oil and Gas Company were tasked with rebuilding the third and fifth refineries, which sustained heavier damage.
Safety and debris-removal operations at the two facilities were completed in less than two months, while reconstruction work is continuing, he added.
READ: Iranian army says its military doctrine shifting from ‘defensive to offensive’
Initial estimates suggested that fully rebuilding the facilities would take at least three years, but Dehghani said Iran is seeking to return some production trains to service by the end of the Iranian year and complete the reconstruction within two years.
South Pars is the Iranian section of the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field, shared with Qatar, where it is known as the North Field, and is a major source of Iran’s natural gas production.
Phase 14 is designed to process about 56.6 million cubic meters of gas per day, producing around 50 million cubic meters of sweet gas and 75,000 barrels of gas condensate daily, according to Pars Oil and Gas Company data.
An Israeli drone strike targeted Phase 14 of South Pars in Iran’s southern Bushehr province on June 14, 2025, causing a fire at the facility.
The attack came during the 12-day conflict, which began with Israeli strikes on Iran on June 13, 2025. The US later entered the conflict by striking three Iranian nuclear facilities before a ceasefire took effect on June 24.
READ: Trump says Iran still not ready for ‘right deal’ amid tightening economic pressure






