The Economic and Cyber Crimes Combating Department in Qatar successfully arrested 64 individuals of...
Palestinians continued their protests near a border fence with Israel for the 9th consecutive...
One person has died and four others were injured in an incident at Iran’s...
- Article Saudi-Israel normalisation seeks the complete surrender of the Palestinians
- Article Camilla's Dior abaya exposed French hypocrisy
- News Hamas condemns Israel’s detention of Palestinian student from campus
- News Saudi Arabia’s economy crosses $1 trillion mark for first time
- News Israel issues 17 stop work orders against homes in West Bank
- News Neymar, Bounou perform traditional Saudi dance to mark national day
- News Iraq says anti-Iran groups disarmed, relocated from border
- News Abaya ban violates secularism principle, lawyer asserts as France top Court hears appeal
- News UN records torture, deaths of detainees in Taliban custody
- News Iran demands US show goodwill after quitting nuclear deal
- News Saudi Arabia welcomes positive results of talks to support peace process in Yemen
- Videos & Photo Stories Libyans cheer for ‘Ivar’ the rescue dog who saved dozens after the flood
Latest newsSee all
MEMO in conversationSee all
As a tribute to the influence on Zionist thought of the 19th century English novelist George Eliot, Israel honoured her legacy by naming streets in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv after her. Eliot — real name Mary Anne Evans — completed her last novel, Daniel Deronda, in 1876. It’s not only seen as a masterpiece of Victorian literature, but also as an influential work that shaped early Zionist thought. Unusual for its time, the novel includes a character by the name of Mordechai Cohen and follows his journey of self-discovery as well as his deepening relationship with the Jewish community. A major part of the book is dedicated to delving into Jewish culture, identity and dreams of establishing a national homeland. […]
You've Been ServedSee all
In Tunisia, Bambalouni is sold as a street food, and is most famously sold in the seaside city of Sidi Bou Said, with many considering those who haven’t tried it there as not having visited the city at all!