The family of Amena Yaser, a 17 year old high school student, said Sunday that Amena and four other students detained with her since the December 17 protests in front of Al-Azhar University have been subjected to pregnancy tests at Naser City security directorate where they were being held in provisional custody. The girls were transferred to al-Qanater prison on Sunday.
Safeya Yaser, Amena's sister, said in a Facebook post that her sister underwent a pregnancy test in a bid to humiliate her and her fellow students. They were denied food and drink for an entire day, and the security officers threw away their clothes and other belongings on their way to prison.
Other popular stories:
- Iranian man goes 60 years without a bath
- World's oldest man dies in Algeria at the age of 140
- Egypt: detained female students subjected to pregnancy tests
- Sharon may be dead, but his apartheid legacy taints us all
- Indonesia's poor donate $15 million to build a hospital in Gaza
- The Guantanamo Experiment: letter from detainee on Gitmo's 12th year