Hamas has rejected the reshuffle of the Palestinian unity government’s cabinet, describing the move as “unconstitutional and outside national consensus”.
- Minister of Local Governance: Hussein Al-Araj
- Minister of Education: Sabri Saydam
- Minister of Transportation: Samih Al-Abed
- Minister of Agriculture: Sufian Sultan
- Minister of National Economy: Abeer Odeh
The group’s spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said in a statement yesterday: “The amendment represents a coup against the reconciliation agreement and the government has become a separatist government.”
He stressed that Hamas will not recognise such amendments and individual actions, calling for them to be reversed.
The Palestinian Authority announced a partial reshuffle of the national unity government cabinet yesterday, Palestinian news agency Ma’an reported.
The new ministers are due to be sworn in at the presidential headquarters in Ramallah today.