- Terror attack in Istanbul claims 29 lives
- World condemns Istanbul terror attack
- Turkish political leaders stress determination in fight against terrorism
- Turkish, Iraq PMs discuss cooperation against terrorism
- 22,000 Turkish military members dismissed for Gulen links
- Turkish jets destroy 39 Daesh facilities in northern Syria
At around 10.30 pm (19 30GMT) on Saturday evening, two explosions rocked Istanbul’s European side. Outside a football stadium in Istanbul’s Besiktas district, a car bomb was detonated two hours after the end of a Turkish league football match between Besiktas and Bursaspor.
Seconds later, a suicide bomb attack occurred in Macka Park in the same neighbourhood. The suicide bomber blew himself up after police noticed him, according to Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu.