The Iranian Foreign Ministry on Sunday summoned Poland’s Chargé d’Affaires, Wojciech Unolt to protest a US planned conference on Iran and the Middle East scheduled to take place next month in Warsaw.
A statement issued by the Iranian Foreign Ministry said the ministry has informed the Polish charge d’affaires Tehran’s dissatisfaction with Warsaw’s hosting of the summit as well as Tehran desire that Poland withdraws from the summit.
On Friday, US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo announced that an international conference would be organised in Poland on February 12-13, with the participation of officials from dozens of countries, especially foreign ministers from the Middle East.
Commenting on the summit, Pompeo said the Poland summit would address several files on top of them is the Iranian file.
In May 2018, the United States withdrew from an international treaty that curbed Iranian nuclear activities in exchange for the lifting of sanctions imposed on Tehran. Later, the US reimposed all sanctions previously lifted under the treaty.