Espanol / English

Middle East Near You

Iran blames Saudi Arabia, the UAE for last week’s border attack

Mohammad Bagheri
Mohammad Bagheri

Chief of Staff for the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Major general Mohammad Bagheri blamed on Monday Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates for last week’s attack which killed 27 members of the Revolutionary Guards.

Speaking to Iranian troops in the city of Qom, General Bagheri said: “if a terrorist group is hiding in Pakistan supported by Saudi and Emirati money and weapons and carry out such acts of terrorism by infiltrating the country, it must know that the Iranian fire of retaliation will kill their descendants”.

Read: Rouhani says Iran ready to improve ties with Gulf states

“The enemy wants short-term victory, but this can not be achieved in Iran,” he said.

The Iranian general pointed out that his country has provided “Pakistan with all the information related to the terrorists’ positions to deal with them militarily”.

Meanwhile, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard announced that it had arrested the cell responsible for last week’s attack.

 

Categories
Asia & AmericasIranMiddle EastNewsPakistanUAE