Israeli occupation forces have extended the newly imposed closures in the West Bank, a statement by the army said yesterday.
The closure, which were imposed on the West Bank and Gaza Strip, should have come to an end yesterday night, but due to the manhunt for the six Palestinian prisoners who escaped from the high-security Israeli prison earlier this week, they have been extended until Saturday.
"In an effort to locate the escaped prisoners, it has been decided to extend the general closure," the army statement said, adding: "Lifting the closure will be subject to a situational assessment."
The crossings for the transfer of goods into the occupied West Bank will open as planned, however all other crossings will remain closed and Palestinians can travel through them only "under special or medical circumstances and on a humanitarian basis."
Israeli security and intelligence services have been involved in the largest manhunt since Monday for six Palestinian prisoners who escaped from the high-security Gilboa Prison through a tunnel they dug using primitive kitchen tools.