Sudanese Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok will be restored to his office on Sunday weeks after he was ousted by the military, two sources from the dissolved government told Anadolu Agency.
The sources who asked for anonymity as they are not authorized to talk to the media confirmed that the deal was brokered by Sudanese mediation team including politicians, academics, clerics, and other figures.
They said head of Sudan's ruling military council, Abdul Fattah al-Burhan, and Hamdok met on Saturday night and agreed on the return of the ousted premier and the release of all detainees.
The sources further disclosed that Hamdok will form a "technocrat Cabinet" with wide authorization and participation of the rebels' movements that signed the Juba peace agreement.
The sources, however, said that talks will be hold between the army and all political parties in the country without the former ruling party and the prime minister in order to continue talks on many details including the reviewing of the constitutional declaration.
On Oct. 25, al-Burhan declared a state of emergency and dissolved the transitional Sovereign Council and government amid rival protests and accusations between the military and politicians in the country.
Al-Burhan has insisted that the measures are meant to protect the country from "imminent danger" and accused those rejecting his move as "stirring chaos."
Before the military takeover, Sudan was administered by a sovereign council of military and civilian officials which was overseeing the transition period until elections are held in 2023 as part of a precarious power-sharing pact between the military and the Unity of the Forces for Freedom and Change.
On Saturday, Sudanese resistance committees and the Sudanese Professional Association (SPA) called for mass protests with "the million-strong march" on Sunday against the military takeover.
Meanwhile, the death toll from protests since last month's military takeover increased to 40, the Central Committee of the Sudanese Doctors announced Saturday.