Reporters Without Borders called upon the Libyan authorities to conduct an investigation into the killing of journalist Naseeb Miloud Karfana based in the southern city of Sabha in the second case of targeting journalists this week. in a state witnessing a period of violence leaving several dead and injured in the city of on Monday.
Karfana's body was found together with her fiancé's in Benghazi's northern district of Alhay Al-Jadida. Her throat was cut and she appeared to have been tortured.
The director of the Libya's National channel, Ali Shenebar, said that for the past eight months Karfana had been working as a coordinator in the department of programme coordination.
Reporters Without Borders called upon the Libyan authorities to conduct an impartial investigation without delay and to determine the motives of this double crime.
Secretary-general of the organisation, Christophe Deloire, said: "The environment in which journalists have to work in Libya is becoming increasingly intolerable. According to our tally, there have been more than 60 violations of freedom of information since the start of 2014, including two murders of journalists this week, although the motives for these murders have yet to be established."
The murder of Karfana comes three days after the assassination of Muftah Buzeid, editor of the state-owned newspaper Burniq, shot in the middle of Benghazi, the city that witnessed at least 15 dead and 30 wounded in clashes between the Libyan army and armed militias.