Portuguese / Spanish / English

30 per cent of Israelis want to emigrate

Israeli media reports revealed that 800,000 Israeli have already emigrated from Israel, while 30 per cent of all Israelis are seriously thinking about emigrating.

On Sunday, Israeli TV Channel 7 broadcast that a musical group set up by Israeli emigrants released a song entitled: "Berlin". The song was filmed in four continents and its words reflect the mode among the Israeli youths, who are thinking of leaving Israel.

One of the emigrants said that the song came on the background of the increasing desire among Israelis to emigrate, noting he had heard a lot of emigrants' stories before he decided to leave Israel.

According to Israeli TV, there is a specialist website in Hebrew called "leave Israel", which includes guides for those wishing to emigrate and facilitates connections among them and includes their stories, which showed they left because of insecurity, religious pressure and the high cost of life.

Meanwhile, Israeli TV Channel 2 said that 30 per cent of Israelis are seriously thinking of leaving the country if they get the opportunity to do so. The reason, the poll respondents said, was that they cannot face the psychological strain in Israel.

The poll showed that 56 per cent do not think of emigration and they have never thought about it.

The poll also showed that 36 per cent of Israelis have a negative feeling towards those who leave their state and the other 64 per cent either have a positive view on the emigrants or feel indifferent to them.

Channel 2 interviewed a number of people who had already left Israel and they expressed their absolute happiness in their new lives. Some, the Channel 2 revealed, are seeking to organise collective emigration campaigns.

Categories
IsraelMiddle EastNewsPalestine
Show Comments
Writing Palestine - Celebrating the tenth year of the Palestine Book Awards - Buy your copy of the book now
Show Comments