Air strikes by the Saudi-led coalition, which includes the UAE and Egypt, have killed at least 42 civilians in Yemen over the past week, the UN High Commission for Human Rights confirmed in Geneva on Friday.
"In the week from the 17 to the 24 August, 58 civilians have been killed, including 42 by the Saudi-led coalition," said spokesperson Liz Throssell.
According to AFP, the UN counted a series of strikes on Wednesday, including an attack on a hotel in Sanaa Governorate that killed 33 people, and a separate strike on a house, also in Sanaa, that left six people dead.
On Tuesday, AFP reported a statement from a rights groups that, "A woman and two children were killed and two women and two children were injured when an air strike by the Saudi-led coalition hit a house in Talan village." Witnesses said that there had been no warnings prior to any of these attacks.
The UNHCR called for an independent investigation into the attacks, said Reuters.
"We remind all the parties of the conflict, including the coalition, about their duty to fully respect international humanitarian law," added Throssell.