Israeli occupation authorities distributed eviction and demolition notices Monday to Palestinians in Khillat al-Nakhla village in the West Bank city of Bethlehem, Felesteen.ps reported.
Anti-settlement activist in Bethlehem Hassan Brijea reported that Israeli occupation forces raided the village and handed over the notices to the Jubran family, asking them to evacuate their 45-dunam agricultural land.
Brijea said that the Israeli occupation authorities claimed, in the notices, that the designated area is classified as a state land.
He also said that the Israeli occupation forces handed over another notice to Mohamed Ayesh, asking him to stop working on a water well in his farm. The notice also asked Ayesh to demolish what he had already constructed under the pretext of having no building permit.
The Palestinian activist said that Ayesh had got a ruling by an Israeli court which stresses his ownership of the land, noting that he turned to the court after attempts by Israeli Jewish settlers to steal it.
Recently, the activist pointed out, Israeli occupation forces have escalated their action against Palestinian lands. They distributed many eviction and demolition notices to Palestinians in the area.
He said that the Israeli occupation uses US protection to escalate the confiscation of Palestinians lands and increasing settlement activities.