As many as 60 Syrians have been killed in separate attacks carried out by the Syrian regime and its allies as part of their ongoing military operation in the southwestern province of Daraa within one day.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the regime’s forces, supported by Iranian militias and Russian air cover have shelled eight towns and villages in Hama countryside and Quneitra, resulting in a number of wounded.
Meanwhile, as many as 15 Syrian civilians, mostly children, have been killed near the Jordanian border with Daraa since the attack started two weeks ago due to harsh conditions.
A spokesman for the opposition in Deraa, Ibrahim al-Jabbawi said “at least 15 people who had been displaced from Daraa towards the Jordanian border died of insects bites, thirst and diseases transmitted from polluted water”.
He added in remarks to Turkey’s Anadolu news agency that “the displacement from the opposition control areas towards the border with Israel and Jordan has continued since the start of the military operation in Daraa”.
Late on Sunday night, the Jordanian government confirmed that it has offered medical assistance to the displaced persons who had been wounded in the free zone on the Jordanian-Syrian border.