The Central Committee of Sudan Doctors (CCSD) announced on Tuesday that six people, including an army officer, had been killed in an attack by unknown assailants, who are more likely to be security agents loyal to the former regime, against the protesters in front of General Command of the Sudanese Armed Forces in central Khartoum.
A source said on Tuesday morning: “The five protesters with different ages were killed by live bullets,” according to Russia Today (RT) website.
Medical sources from hospitals from around the location of the sit-in said: “There have been up to 100 injured people in the events of Monday, most of whom were shot by live bullets.”
The head of the Transitional Military Council, Abdel Fattah Burhan, accused in statements, on Tuesday morning, parties he described as intrusive, who had been shooting fire at demonstrators.
Burhan said after the funeral prayer on the killed armed forces officer at the Ministry of Defence: “There are parties that did not like what the Transitional Military Council and the forces of change had reached in the meeting on Monday.” He vowed to arrest those responsible for killing the revolutionaries and the officers of the armed forces and hold them accountable, stressing that those responsible will not evade justice.
The official called for non-escalation and the need for self-restraint, pointing to unnamed parties, who are seeking to create strife between the Military Council and the protesters.
In the same context, the Rapid Support Forces announced that the recent events in the square of the sit-in in Khartoum, are caused by parties “and groups who are lurking at the revolution, having been disturbed by the results that the Transitional Military Council has reached with the Forces of Freedom and Change on Monday.”
The Rapid Support Forces explained that these groups infiltrated on Tuesday into the sit-in and a number of other locations and shot fire on the protesters. These groups also created security chaos in other locations inside and outside the area of the sit-ins and harassed and jostled with citizens and order forces that were securing and protecting the protesters.
The Rapid Support Forces added in a statement that the parties, who are working hard to abort any progress in negotiations that would get the country out of the crisis, are behind the incidents that led to the killing of six people, including an army officer.
The Rapid Support Forces also announced that since the start of the glorious revolution, they have been very keen on preserving the citizens’ security and safety. Since the announcement of their leader, the Vice President of the Transitional Council, Lieutenant General Mohammad Hamdan Diklo, announced his advocacy to the people’s cause and his determination to protect them, in a historic position witnessed by the whole world. The Rapid Support Forces have always been, and are still preserving and protecting the lives of the honourable people.
The violence erupted after the Transitional Military Council and opposition groups said they had agreed on the authority structure for the transitional period in the country.
Burhan said: “We call upon the honourable officers, non-commissioned officers, and soldiers in the armed forces of our people to carry out their duties in repelling those who are tempering the revolution gains, and in protecting their revolutionary brothers, which is a task they had sworn on in the military honour.”