Creating new perspectives since 2009

Israelis kill three more Palestinians in occupied West Bank

February 10, 2014 at 12:03 pm

Israeli occupation forces killed three more Palestinians in two separate incidents on Tuesday evening in the south of the occupied West Bank city of Hebron. Although the killings took place in two separate incidents, the Israelis claimed that the victims were all “planning to carry out terror attacks inside Israel”.

Witnesses said that Israeli soldiers shot at Mahmoud Al-Najjar and Mosa Qafeesha while the men were driving their car. Military sources told the Israeli media that the two men from the village of Yata died “instantly”.

According to Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth, the Israeli forces exchanged gunfire with the Palestinians and claimed to have found two pistols and two explosive devices in the car.

The third Palestinian, Mohamed Nairoukh, was killed by Israeli forces several kilometres away from the site of the first incident. The Israelis also alleged that he was “planning to carry out terror attacks inside Israel”.

All three bodies were kept by the Israelis until late on Tuesday night, when they were handed over to the Palestinian Red Crescent.

Prior to the killings, said local Palestinians, the Israeli occupation forces imposed a blockade on Hebron and prevented people from moving in or out of the city. A number of soldiers went to Yata and searched homes belonging to Palestinians in the village.

Early today, Wednesday, clashes erupted between Palestinians and Israeli forces inside Hebron. The youths hurled stones at the Israeli soldiers, who responded with so-called rubber bullets and tear gas. Red Crescent sources said that dozens of female students in a nearby school were treated for breathing problems after inhaling the gas.

The media is also reporting that Israeli occupation forces invaded several cities across the occupied West Bank this morning, breaking into houses and searching them. Thirteen Palestinians have been arrested.