A ceasefire agreement between Libya’s Tebu and Tuareg has been breached for the second time after it was signed last week under Qatari auspices, Turkey’s Anadolu Agency reported.
A military source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said: “Clashes renewed this morning between members of the two tribes in the city of Ubari in the second breach of the reconciliation agreement.” He added that “gunshots can be heard in different parts of the city.”
A medical source at the Ubari field hospital told the news agency that, yesterday, the hospital received four people from the Tuareg tribe who were wounded during confrontations and were transferred to the capital Tripoli for treatment.
A reconciliation agreement was concluded between the Tebu and Tuareg tribes on Monday last week ending a year of violent clashes. Witnesses said the agreement was breached only 24 hours after it was signed.