Israeli bulldozers razed Al-Araqeeb village for the 109th time this morning.
- Israel demolishes Bedouin village for 105th time
- Israel demolishes Arab village in Negev for 100th time
- Israel demolishes Arab village in Negev for 87th time
- Negev village demolished by Israel for the 85th time
- Israeli occupation destroys Arab village in Negev for 66th time
- Bedouin village destroyed by Israelis for 61st time
- Israeli forces destroy Palestinian village for the 48th time
- Israel demolishes Bedouin village for the 42nd time
Bulldozers arrived in the early hours of the morning at the entrance of the village in the Negev. They then besieged it and razed the shelters under which the village people take refuge.
The local village committee said Israel’s actions coincidence with Sheikh Sayah Al-Turi’s hearing at the Magistrate Court in Beersheba. Al-Turi, the village leader, is charged with seizing state property.
Israeli authorities demanded that the people of the village pay two million shekels($533,000)in costs for the first eight times the village was razed. The village was first destroyed on 27 July 2010.
A member of the local committee, Aziz Sayah, told a Ma’an correspondent: “The demolition forces razed the village without taking into account the weather conditions, leaving the people out in the open.”
“No matter what they demolish and what they ruin, they will not demolish our will and morale. Al-Araqeeb is completely ours and we will continue to remain steadfast,” he added.