The Commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, Major General Mohammad Ali Jafari, has confirmed that Iran has accurate information regarding Saudi Arabia's support for the attacks by Daesh militants in Tehran on 7 June.
"The United States and the Israeli regime backed the Daesh terrorists who carried out dual attacks on Iran's parliament and Imam Khomeini's shrine," Jafari told the media. "We have obtained accurate intelligence that Saudi Arabia also supported the terrorists and asked them to carry out attacks in Iran."
Daesh militants carried out two terrorist attacks in Tehran last Wednesday. Seventeen people were killed, and more than 50 others were wounded.
The Revolutionary Guard Corps has vowed to seek revenge against the terrorists who shook Tehran. The fingers of blame were pointed at Saudi Arabia and the US, who were accused of being behind the attacks.
Saudi Arabia's Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman accused Iran last month of having the objective of wresting control of Makkah from the kingdom. "We won't wait for the battle to be in Saudi Arabia," he told journalists. "Instead, we will work so that the battle is for them in Iran, not in Saudi Arabia."