Turkish Defence Minister Hulusi Akar on Saturday vowed to avenge the two Turkish soldiers who were killed in Idlib Governorate, northwest Syria.
Akar arrived on Saturday in the southern Hatay province near the Turkey-Syria border and held a meeting with Turkish commanders there.
He said his country continues to monitor the developments in northern Syria, explaining that it had carried out a number of military operations in order to secure its borders and citizens.
Remarking on the situation in Syria’s Idlib, he stressed that Turkey adheres to the agreements signed with Russia and fulfils its responsibilities there, and expects its partners to also abide by these agreements.
On Saturday, the Turkish Defence Ministry said two Turkish soldiers were killed and three others were injured after an attack in Syria’s northwest Idlib region.
The ministry said the troops had been on a search and scanning operation when they were attacked.
Idlib is the last major area of Syria still in the opposition’s hands, and parts of it are jointly patrolled by Turkish and Russian forces.