Four Sudanese opposition groups yesterday signed the Roadmap Agreement for peace and dialogue brokered by the African Union High Implementation Panel (AUHIP), the Sudan News Agency reported.
4 Sudan Call parties
- Minister of Local Governance: Hussein Al-Araj
- National Umma Party (NUP)
- Sudan People's Liberation Movement /North (SPLM-N)
- Justice and Equality Movement (JEM)
- Sudan Liberation Movement (SLM-MM)
The parties, who fall under the Sudan Call umbrella, had previously rejected the plan saying it excludes other opposition groups and omits important confidence building measures such as political freedoms and release of political detainees and prisoners.
However, after receiving reassurance from the head of the AUHIP they agreed to sign it.