Saudi Arabia has imposed a fine of 500,000 riyals ($133,000) on people who do not disclose their health status at entry points to the kingdom, the public prosecutor said in a statement.
The Saudi public prosecutor's statement said: "All travellers arriving on international trips to the kingdom, and those responsible for the different means of transport or its operators at entry points, must comply with international and local health instructions and requirements."
The statement added that a fine of up to 500,000 riyals will be imposed on people who do not comply with the instructions, adding that transport operators will be responsible for any damages resulting from violations of the instructions.
Earlier on Sunday, Saudi Arabia imposed a temporary closure on the oil-producing region of Qatif; east of the country, after four new cases of the coronavirus were identified. The kingdom said the new cases had been in contact with an infected person who had visited Iran but did not disclose his travel itinerary to the authorities.
Saudi Arabia has suspended travel to and from nine countries including the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait and Egypt and said it will take legal measures against any person who travels to Iran, which has recorded 237 deaths due to the virus as of yesterday.