The Yemeni armed forces in support of the Houthi movement announced yesterday that it will offer financial rewards for information leading to the arrest of mercenary leaders loyal to the Saudi-led coalition or soldiers of foreign nationalities.
"Everyone who contributes to the arrest of any local or foreign coalition mercenary commander, regardless of his rank, will receive care and attention, in addition to a large financial reward," said Brigadier General Yahya Saree, the Houthi-aligned spokesman of the Yemeni army.
"Anyone who apprehends any foreigner who participates in the ranks of the aggression coalition or any mercenary commander and hands him over to the armed forces will find what we promised once the mission is carried out."
The announcement was made as part of an update on a major operation against Saudi-backed forces fighting against the Houthi-Army alliance, dubbed "Allah Over-powered them". According to Saree, all of the Al-Jawf province had been liberated with the exception of some areas in Khab Washaaf and the deserts on the outskirts of the provincial capital Al-Hazm which fell to the Houthi forces for the first time in five years.
— Eastern Lion 东方军事爱好者 (@Sunkway_China) March 18, 2020
"Air Defense managed to carry out 10 successful combat operations, forcing hostile warplanes to leave, in addition to the successfully shooting down a Warplane," said Saree, who also claimed that "hundreds" of mercenaries have fled with some Saudis having been captured by the army and "Popular Committees".
According to Uprising Today, as the Houthi forces are closing in on Marib city – the remaining stronghold of Saudi-backed mercenaries, the Saud-backed governor of the province, Sultan Al-Arada has fled to Hadhramaut in eastern Yemen to evade capture.