Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was strangled to death soon after he entered the Saudi Consulate, the Istanbul Chief Prosecutor’s Office said on Wednesday.
Khashoggi’s body parts were disposed of after being dismembered, the Prosecutor’s Office added.
Khashoggi was last seen on 2 October when he entered the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul on 2 October. Turkey has said it has audio recordings which prove he was killed in the building. After first denying knowledge of Khashoggi’s whereabouts and claiming he had left the consulate 20 minutes after his arrival, Saudi authorities admitted he had been killed on site by what they described as “rogue agents”.