Russian President Vladimir Putin held a telephone conversation on Wednesday with Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz to discuss the ceasefire agreement brokered between Russia and the US in Syria, the Kremlin said.
- Kerry warns of Syria partition if cessation of hostilities unsuccessful
- US inaction led to Russian interference in Syria, claims former NATO commander
- Russia, Israel and America are on the same page in Syria
- US holds Russia and Assad responsible for Syria crisis
- Why Russia and the West can’t win in Syria
- The US has handed Syria over to Russia and Iran
“The Saudi monarch welcomed the agreements and expressed readiness to cooperate with Russia to implement them,” the Kremlin said. The two sides have reportedly agreed to continue contact on the issue.
The Russian president also held telephone conversations with Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad, as well as the leaders of Israel and Iran.